Spanish Mountain Gold is committed to early and ongoing engagement with the First Nations and communities where we work. We have participated in and hosted several community open houses including:
- May 30, 2012 - Community Open House hosted by hosted by LIkely Xatsull Community Forest
- November 3, 2011 - Likely Community Open House.
- October 19, 2011 - Horsefly Community Open House.
- October 18, 2011 - Quesnel Community Open House.
- July 21, 2011 - Likely Community Open House.
- July 20, 2011 - Big Lake Community Meeting
- June 14, 2011 - Williams Lake Community Open House.
- February 17, 2011 - Big Lake Community Open House.
- February 6, 2011- Likely Open House
Spanish Mountain Gold is also proud to provide sponsorship to a variety of education, training, employment, health care, social, cultural and community development initiatives. To date some of the sponsorship provided by Spanish Mountain Gold has included:
- Annual Coyote Rock-SMG Golf Tournament (2011, 2012)
- Funding to attend Aboriginal Youth Conference
- Funding to attend Round Up and Canadian Aboriginal Minerals Association Conference
- Environmental Field Assistant Training
- Chief Williams Fathers Day Pow Wow
- Xat'sull Heritage Day